Practical Conservation - The Devil's Spittleful
, Kidderminster & Bewdley, DY12 1PU / DY12 1LW
For more information please email Helen Dorey or call her on 01905 754919.
Purpose of Role
Our practical conservation volunteers are an essential part of the team working on nature reserves across the county. Volunteers help with practical conservation management to maintain the sites special features for now and for the future.
Type of work
As part of Worcestershire's largest heathland complex, our aim is to restore and protect this diverse landscape. Tasks on this heathland nature reserve of The Devil's Spittleful include scrub clearance, coppicing, pollarding and fencing.
- Interest and enthusiasm for nature and wildlife conservation
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Basic use of hand tools; training will be given
- Willingness to be involved in a number of tasks as directed
- Suitable for everyone with a basic level of fitness
One morning once a month, work parties take place on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10am-2pm
Being a practical conservation volunteer gives you the chance to see Worcestershire’s special places, home to some of the county’s rarest wildlife, while learning about their management. The reserves are great places to observe wildlife - and just being outdoors is great for your overall health and wellbeing as well as keeping you fit.