Practical Conservation - Upton Warren
Wychbold, Worcestershire, B61 7ER (Flashes) B61 7ET (Moors)
For more information please email Iain or call him on 01905 754919.
Our volunteer team at Upton Warren is looking for more people to help them manage the county's premier birdwatching nature reserve between Bromsgrove and Droitwich Spa.
Purpose of Role
Our practical conservation volunteers are an essential part of the team working on nature reserves across the county. Volunteers help with practical conservation management to maintain the site's special features for now and for the future.
Type of work
At Upton Warren help is needed with habitat management includes scrub clearance, fencing, island management, reed cutting and much more.
- Interest and enthusiasm for nature and wildlife conservation
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Basic use of hand tools; training will be given
- Willingness to be involved in a number of tasks as directed
- Suitable for everyone with a basic level of fitness
Every Tuesday morning from 9am.
Being a practical conservation volunteer gives you the chance to see Worcestershire’s special places, home to some of the county’s rarest wildlife, while learning about their management. The reserves are great places to observe wildlife and just being outdoors is great for your overall health and wellbeing as well as keeping you fit.