Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 across the UK we expect everyone will have to make changes to their working and daily lives.
In order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we have taken the decision to begin to implement social distancing measures throughout our work.
Update: 24th March 2020
The office at Lower Smite Farm is closed. Find out how to contact us via email.
UPDATE: 23rd March 2020 - nature reserves
Closure of Worcestershire Wildlife Trust reserves from 24/03/20 during the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
Over the weekend we have seen unprecedented visitor pressure upon our nature reserves and car parks. It is clear from the numbers visiting our reserves that it is not possible to maintain social distancing which is putting staff and public at risk.
Whilst we recognise that many people will turn to nature to help them at this time, we have to make the health and wellbeing of staff and the public our top priority. Therefore, we regretfully feel that we now have no choice but to close our reserves and car parks to protect the public, our staff and neighbours. Where there are public footpaths that cross our nature reserves, these remain open but please stick to these and maintain social distancing at all times.
Government guidance is to restrict unnecessary travel and observe social distancing and we appeal to those who wish to visit our reserves to respect the closures.
From 12 noon on Tuesday 17th March:
- All events will be cancelled until further notice; including those organised by our local groups. We hope that many of these events will merely be postponed and our Local Group committees are already working hard to reschedule speakers for their next programme of events. Please check our What’s on pages to keep up to date with when events resume.
- All volunteer activities will cease until further notice.
- Schools – All bookings will be cancelled until further notice. We are in the process of contacting schools that are due to visit us at Lower Smite Farm/The Knapp and Papermill or that are due to receive a free assembly from one of our Bzzy Bees or Lost Words volunteers.
- Bookings of our conference and meeting facilities – all bookings are cancelled until further notice and we will be in touch with organisations that currently have bookings.
- Our reception, shop and offices at Lower Smite Farm are closed to casual visitors. Online orders are still being taken (as currently, these will be shipped twice a week). If you wish to purchase bird food, please go direct to our suppliers, Vine House Farm (01172 530299) – they are able to deliver to your door and 4% of every sale is donated to the Trust (+£10 for new customers).
- Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice with the exception of Lower Smite Farm where we have closed the nature trail. We will regularly review access to all birdwatching hides and to the facilities at The Knapp and Papermill.
- Staff will only by exception be attending external meetings and visits.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.