In order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we have implemented social distancing measures throughout our work. Please visit our contact us page to get in touch.
11th January 2021
During lockdown, Government guidance is that journeys must be essential and that exercise should be taken locally. Whilst most of our nature reserves remain open, please ensure that you remain local to where you live and only visit your local nature reserve if you are unable to exercise from your home. If you visit a nature reserve, please maintain social distancing at all times and remain respectful of staff, volunteers, other visitors and our wildlife. Please avoid narrower paths that can make social distancing difficult without damaging path-side flowers.
Upton Warren and Lower Smite Farm are closed, as are birdwatching hides at Feckenham Wylde Moor and Broadway Gravel Pit.
If you visit a nature reserve, please remember that these are special places for wildlife. The UK is one of the world’s most nature-depleted countries so please help our wildlife by…
- Keep dogs on leads. Even the friendliest of dogs are perceived as predators and may cause a bird to leave a nest (many nest on the ground or in vegetation close to paths) or to use precious energy during winter. Please pick up and take your dog’s mess away with you.
- Stick to paths. Whether it’s a public right of way, a bridleway or a permissive path, please stick to these and don’t make your own way through. Only take horses or cycles on designated bridleways.
- Stay alert. If a bird is calling ‘at you’, you’re too close to it or the nest. If it’s carrying food, let it feed its young. Don’t pause, keep on walking.
- Report bad or suspicious behaviour. If you see anything suspicious – wildlife crime, fly-tipping, fires or more, please report this using 101 (non urgent) or 999 (urgent).
- Our offices at Lower Smite Farm are being staffed intermittently. Visit our ‘contact us’ page to get in touch – our emails and voicemail are being monitored. Online orders are being taken in our shop but if you wish to purchase bird food please go direct to our suppliers Vine House Farm who are able to deliver to your door (4% of every sale is donated to the Trust and £10 for each new customer). Log sales are continuing.
- Face-to-face events have been cancelled until further notice. Our local groups are running a series of fortnightly online talks to help keep you engaged with wildlife both near and far. Our engagement team is organising a series of online family activities – check our What’s On page for updates. We are also posting regular content on our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels as well as via our Doorstep Wildlife webpages.
- Bookings of our conference and meeting facilities are cancelled until further notice but please contact us if you are interested in a future booking.
- Our school bookings are cancelled until further notice but we are working on content to help you deliver programmes remotely. Please contact us for more information.
- All volunteer activity is currently cancelled.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding. Please stay safe.